Monday, July 23, 2007

The Rainforest Desaturated

The rainforest is full of bright colors and endless shades of green. This small painting represents the view of one of my casita’s windows, a view I am very familiar with now, and was painted from life. The tree on the left is a type of conifer, while the tree on the right is bamboo. The green forest covered hills are in the background.

The colors are somewhat accurate, only desaturated. I enjoy this style of painting, breaking down reality into shapes and colors, and when painting in this style, the color relationships become extremely important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad, what does desaturated mean? Is is supposed to make it look kind of sureal? xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when one of these was gonna show up. I was looking for the "whites" rain forrest. It's interesting but leaves me feeling a little desaturated myself. Hmmm. I don't think I like this style.

Anonymous said...

Study in green:
the many shades of imagination,
endlessly modified,
the conifer,
the bamboo,
the echo of some other love.

(As desaturated as I can get.)
G.