Monday, July 23, 2007

Ciudad Colón from the Colony Grounds

The colony has a trail that circles the grounds, and this view of Ciudad Colón was taken from one of the highest points on the colony grounds. On close inspection one can see the green tower of the church steeple rising in the middle right of the photograph, the same steeple that appeared in the painting "Un Gringo en Costa Rica."


Ciudad Colón is a charming city located in the Central Valley region of Costa Rica, and is feeling like my second home. I hope to paint this view of the city in the next few days, weather and time permitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kiiiind of reminds me of Brazil. :-) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like a dificult image to paint. Yeah I had to look again. I look forward to seeing how it comes out. I also imagined the town looked different. Maybe it was the tree painting. Perhaps I thought it was the only tree in town. What was i thinking? No trees in a town in Costa Rica? Clearly I've never been.