Thursday, July 5, 2007

Morning Rain


I woke up this morning to a windstorm that eventually turned into rain. It is the rainy season in Costa Rica, which means it usually will rain at least for an hour or so every day. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where I became accustomed to the rain, and I grew to love it. Unlike the Pacific Northwest, after it rains in Costa Rica, the skies clear and it is sunny and warm.

I wanted to paint the rain this morning, so I thought it would be appropriate to do a watercolor painting. While I am more comfortable with oils, I had a lot of fun with this small painting. The view is from my "casita," or little house, and looks at my neighbor's casita and the rainforest beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Rock! Awsome painting. I'm so proud.

Anonymous said...

A face turned upward
to the morning sky,
blessed with the holy water
of a summer windstorm.

The rainforest baptized,
the rainforest reborn.

G.