Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Artist Residency in Costa Rica


After a long flight from Boston, including an unexpected 24 hour layover in Atlanta, I arrived at the Julia and David White Artist Colony in Cuidad Colón, Costa Rica. I arrived around 2am this morning, and was shown to a beautiful and spacious cabin that will be my live / work space for the next month.

I woke this morning to a pleasant surprise. When I stepped out of my door, there were two large shrubs that were attracting the most beautiful butterflies. Black buttlerflies with bright vermillion spots, a cream butterfly the size of my hand, and shimmering metallic blues. I immediately grabbed my camera to try to photograph them, so I could perhaps paint them, but I was unable to get a good shot, and it was then that I realized that some things cannot be captured. Sometimes things are beautiful just for the sake of beauty.

It is going to be a good month.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Bradley you're a good artist, I hope you find a lot of inspirations in costa rica

Anonymous said...

hey Brad, it's your boy Carlitos....i really love your art and you know it. I know you will have the best time of your life in Costa Rica!!!, I'm really happy for you! I hope the best for you be save and paint a lot :-)...

P.S.: the morning rain picture is sexy!

Anonymous said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy BrAd!!!! We all miss ya here at work but we know we're busy working out there!! I hope you had a beautiful day out there today. stay sexy and be safe..lol..

~Marissa~

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad! I hope you are having the time of your life! Have you made the rice yet? Hee hee. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Justin said...

Hey I saw that you went to this artist colony - how was the experience? I'm thinking of going down there and doing the same thing!